Why Video Marketing Needs To Be Part Of Your Digital Strategy
Video marketing has become integral to most digital marketing campaigns for businesses in various industries and of different shapes and sizes. The format is easy to digest and more appealing to online audiences when compared to textual information. It’s little surprise then that people across the world watch over a billion hours of videos on YouTube per day.
If you are planning on a digital strategy, make sure that video content is part of the mix. It is necessary to have a good understanding of how powerful video is as a marketing tool. Remaining competitive involves making various efforts to catch and retain the attention of online audiences. Here we take a look at why video marketing needs to be part of your digital strategy today.
Why is video so important?
Video is an incredibly engaging and versatile content format. It gives viewers an authentic picture of the things that are happening. Also, it’s easier to share across various platforms. Modern-day customers like video content because it is engaging and entertaining as well as easy to digest. Marketers prefer it because it gives an excellent return on investment and can be shared across many channels.
Today, most people have internet access in one form or the other and can easily view the videos that you post as part of your marketing strategies. While there is a growing trend towards high-grade video content on a professional level, you do not need to spend much time and a vast amount of technical knowledge to create good quality videos.
Variety of Videos
You will find that there is a wide range of videos that you can create. Designing an effective and impactful content marketing strategy is a lot about having a good understanding of the purpose and the target market before you start with creating your video. The different types of videos you can make include:
- Explainers – These can be used to create informative content related to your product or service. You can use these in conjunction with detailed instructions, and applications such as customer service activities.
- Product Demo/Review Videos – You can request brand ambassadors to create these in exchange for various offers and free products. Industry leaders and influences looking to enhance their social following would be interested in creating these for you. It is a great way to get free advertising online. It also helps you get more information about how people are engaging with and commenting on the video that the influencer has posted. In essence, these would help you with your market research efforts as well.
- Interviews – These can help to encourage active conversation between various people, and you can also showcase influences or special guests. When creating videos where guest experts are featured, you can use that audio content and turn it into a podcast which is another form of online marketing.
Vital stats related to video marketing
Video marketing is helpful in a variety of ways, including:
- Educating and Informing – Almost 98% of marketers say that videos are the best way to provide customers with a better understanding of products and services. The modern marketing approach does not involve hard selling a product. It is because competition levels and choices are significantly high nowadays.
Businesses and Consumers do not prefer to be sold to. Instead, they are doing quick internet searches to identify the best products on the market so they can order them online. It is why marketers today create video content that is more value-based rather than a hard sell effort.
- Search Engine Optimisation – The projection by market researchers is that by 2021, more than 80% of all online traffic will come from video. Search engines genuinely love videos as they are looked upon as high-quality content. Including videos on your web pages and in various social media platforms is an excellent way to make an impact.
It also does wonders for your Search Engine Optimisation, however, you need to make sure that the videos are correctly optimised by including a good Meta description of the right keywords and a strong title.
- Maintaining Competitiveness – Today, 81% of false businesses are using video for marketing. It is one of the best ways to get your message out there. In terms of practicality, uploading a unique, engaging, and short explainer video can make a world difference while providing information to your audience. You can use a variety of media and storytelling techniques to catch your audience’s attention while keeping them entertained.
A whopping 90% of online consumers claim that video can help them make better-informed purchasing decisions. Placing videos on landing pages can also boost your conversion rates by at least 80%. If you have an engaging and exciting video that will provide a view with some value and entertainment, it can keep people on your website for longer.
Bringing traffic to your website is one aspect while keeping them, there is altogether another one. So if a viewer stays on your website for two minutes longer, it also significantly increases the chances of them making a purchase.
Best Practices For Video Marketing – Some Tips
Now that you know there are various solid reasons to incorporate video into your digital marketing activities, you also need to know how to create amazing videos. Here are some tips to keep in view.
The length of the video is an important aspect. The platform on which you plan to post these videos will determine what the video length will be. Some basic parameters include:
- YouTube: 2 minutes
- Facebook: 1 minute
- Twitter: 45 seconds
- Instagram: 30 seconds
Some of the other things that you would want to do – make sure that the engagement levels are high, and accessibility is good with the right amount of SEO. You can do this by keeping the video on silent mode in case you post it on a landing page. Make sure that there are captions for autoplay.
A video that you post on a landing page will be effective. However, you need to make sure that you don’t scare your viewers away. It would need to be mobile-friendly across various platforms.
Maintain good SEO standards as it will help you understand the performance of your videos, and you can check metrics. Develop a basic library of a variety of videos and make sure that they are organised correctly on YouTube. You can then include them in different forms of content such as emails, newsletters, blogs, social media platforms etc.
Modern-day audiences have very limited attention timespans. They also have a more extensive choice when it comes to products and services, which makes it crucial for marketers to focus on creating impactful digital campaigns that will hold their audience attention.
Since video is an incredibly popular content form, you should channelise a large portion of your marketing efforts towards this platform. However, you also need to use it in conjunction with a variety of other digital marketing techniques. Always focus on creating meaningful content that provides your customers value in some way or the other.
We live in an increasingly impossible digital world, and people crave some personality and connection. If your videos can cater to that need, you can make a brand impact while increasing conversions. Video is an excellent way to make better connections with your audiences while giving them a glimpse of what you and your business really are.
Always think beyond your product and profit. Show your audiences more about how you are involved in creating products that will provide them with value. Talk to them about your philosophy and vision while delivering valuable information. When they get a better understanding of all the positive practices that you follow, they will be more likely to stay engaged and stick around.
Hire Experienced Digital Marketers to Create Video Content
While video is an impactful online marketing medium, you would need to hire the services of experienced and skilled digital marketers. These professionals would be able to capture the essence of your brand while keeping all other aspects in view and create videos that will provide you and your audience’s good value.
For customized responsive web design services and custom/ template sites, CRM automation, and results-driven digital marketing strategies, call Digital Canteen on 02-9025-4304. Discuss your project details, and we will get your project started as quickly as you want.
Thanks for reading,
Digital Canteen Team